NCyTE Center announces the availability of thirteen lessons intended for high school instructors interested in adding cybersecurity to AP CSP courses; a variety of other usages at colleges or other institutions may apply. Experts engaged in the Catalyzing Computing and Cybersecurity in Community Colleges (C5) project hosted at Whatcom Community College designed these lessons and related instructional materials to enhance computer science and cybersecurity curriculum.
Lesson topics include:
- Information Security and the CIA Triad (Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability)
- Personal Data Vulnerabilities
- Identity, Authentication, and Authorization
- Input Validation & Conditionals
- Vigenère Cipher
- The Iterative Process
- Caesar Cipher
- Cyber Ethics
- Secure Networking
- Symmetric & Public Encryption
- Data Structures
Each lesson is comprised of an overview document, a presentation, and student activities.