The CAE Virtual Career Fair gains more employers and attendees in its fourth year
Cybersecurity students and alumni from CAE designated colleges and 31 organizations across the nation connected virtually to explore cybersecurity internships and jobs. Over 2,400 job seekers registered for the FREE event and 1,438 attended on Friday September 4. With nearly double the attendance of last year’s event, this is the most successful VCF ever. Thousands of resumes were exchanged during the unique four-hour event.
CAECommunity.org hosted the annual event as they have each year since 2017—virtually. The online environment simulated an in-person event complete
with a lobby; an exhibition hall full of expo booths from companies in search of trained cybersecurity personnel; a networking lounge to mingle with organization representatives and other job seekers; and an auditorium where attendees watched presentations particularly relevant to cybersecurity job-hunters.
“This is a very cool event that helps me understand more about my degree.”
California State University-San Bernardino, the CAECommunity and NCyTE Center developed the fair collaboratively.
These great agencies and organizations exhibited at this year’s fair:
- Accudata Systems
- CSAA Insurance Group
- CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service
- Defense Intelligence Agency - Analysis Career Field
- Department of Commerce - Office of Inspector General
- California Department of Developmental Services
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
- DoD Cyber Scholarship Program
- Energy Sector Security Consortium (EnergySec)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Florida International University/NICE Conference
- Global Dimensions
- Idaho National Labs
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- NAVSUP Business Systems Center
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratories
- Raytheon Missiles & Defense
- Tennessee Tech University/CEROC
- The Walt Disney Company
- University of Illinois Springfield
- US Army
- Walmart Information Security
NCyTE Center, the National Science Foundation, and the National Security Agency once again sponsored the career fair. Over 85% of the participants that completed the survey indicated they will be back next year. Employers, educators, and cybersecurity students, save the date for next year’s event, scheduled for September 10, 2021.